With San Diego Comic Con being canceled for 2020, a lot of fans are feeling a bit down because they won’t be able to see footage from upcoming films or be able to attend panels with actors from their favorite shows or films. Warner Bros. Pictures/DC announced that they will bring their “FanDome” event to the homes of their fans.
The event will also bring attention to black nerd culture via the “Blerd & Boujee House” virtual party. The event will go live on DCFanDome.com on August 22nd at 10am PT. The event will also air in 10 languages.
Warner CEO Ann Sarnoff said
“This massive, immersive digital event will give everyone new ways to personalize their journey through the DC Universe without lines, without tickets, and without boundaries. With DC FanDome, we’re able to give fans from around the world an exciting and unparalleled way to connect with all their favorite DC characters, as well as the incredible talent who bring them to life on the page and screen.“
The FanDome event will focus on the following:
- DC WatchVerse: panels, exclusive screenings, new footage, appearances from cast and crew of DC productions
- DC YouVerse: focuses on fans, including cosplay and fanart
- DC KidsVerse: a kid-focused area with family-friendly activities
- DC InsiderVerse: a “creativity-based world” featuring DC publisher Jim Lee, DC movie boss Walter Hamada, and Arrowverse creator Greg Berlanti.
- DC FunVerse: digital giveaways, Wonder Woman and Batmobile kits, and “cool shareables.”